JESUS CENTERED VISION
God has called Christ Community Church to be a multiethnic, intergenerational, grace oriented church because we are a Christ centered congregation.
JESUS CENTERED COMMITMENTS
- JESUS: We value our commitment to Christ over and above anything and everything in this world! As the writer of Hebrews (1:3) puts it: Jesus is the exact representation of God, and therefore God’s way!
- REPENTANCE: Without repentance there is no forgiveness for sin (Luke 5:32, Acts 3:19).
- THE CROSS: We are committed to the cross of Jesus as the apex of history. All scripture looks forward or back to the cross; for as Paul tells us it’s message is “the power of God for those being saved,” but unfortunately most view its message as “foolishness.” (1 Corinthians 1:18-19).
- SCRIPTURE: We are committed to the Bible because John 1:14 tells us that Jesus was and is the Word of God made flesh. And because He is the Word of God, we will will strive to understand the whole of scripture through the person and work of the incarnate Christ revealed to us in the gospels.
- GRACE: Like Jesus, we are committed to grace no matter the cost! Remember Christ’s commitment to extending grace to sinners is what sent him to the cross!
- DIVERSITY: Jesus paid a high price so God could be worshipped in great diversity for all eternity. Revelation 5:9 tells us that it was “His blood” that purchased “persons from every tribe and language and people and nation” to stand before the throne and worship Him.
JESUS CENTERED MISSION
God has given us the mission of transforming lives with the Hope of Christ!
JESUS CENTERED MISSIONAL VALUES
- Welcome all people as we become one with Christ
- Share Christ in our spheres of influence.
- Mentor disciples who embody Christ
- Strengthen community partnership that offer hope, especially the hope of Christ.
CELEBRATE JESUS WITH US THIS SUNDAY AT 10 AM